Hi everyone on this first Saturday of May. I’m joining Ten Things of Thankful (#TToT) for a gratitude post today. Here we go.
1. I am grateful for a trip to buy some new plants for in our care home garden last Saturday. One of the student staff had been planning on us having a vegetable garden here. While that’s not exactly gone to plan, we do have a few flower beds and some space for vegetables too. I loved helping pick out the first few flowers and plants.
2. I am thankful for new duvet covers. My husband last week told me he needed new ones for our bed in Lobith. Too bad twin bed duvet covers don’t come in cute colors, but those for my single bed do. I got one with rainbows on it and one with butterflies on it.
3. I am grateful for sleep. I have been able to sleep reasonably well over the past couple of days.
4. I am grateful for some success with physical therapy. The physical therapist came by on Wednesday to try to do some yoga exercises with me in order to help me loosen up my muscles. It was hard but rewarding. I am grateful my assigned staff said I can have a staff member with me during physical therapy even when it’s not during my allocated activity time.
5. I am grateful for nice weather on Thursday. We hit 20°C for the first time this year that day.
6. I am grateful for no thunderstorms that I was aware of yesterday. A lot of rain, hail and thunder had been predicted, but thankfully I was indoors when it rained and, insofar as we got any thunder at all, it was far enough away not to make me startle.
7. I am thankful for a lot of compliments on my skirt and shirt that I wore on Thursday. These aren’t really suited to the colder months (unless I find panties or leggings that will go with the skirt, but I only have black panties now). Most clients really liked my outfit. I bought both the skirt and shirt relatively recently.
8. I am grateful for ice cream. On Thursday, two staff took me and another resident to Deventer, the nearest city, to get ice cream. We originally intended to go to a place that’s supposedly really good, but couldn’t find a space to park near there, so decided to go to Talamini, an ice cream chain that’s good too. I had caramel and Kinder Bueno, a candy bar flavor, on a cone. Unfortunately, I did get the ice cream all over my skirt, shirt and into my hair.
9. I am grateful to have been supported by my assigned staff more than usual lately. She also makes it clear that it isn’t like she’d been avoiding me, but that, with all the chaos and crises among other clients and her being a regular employee here, it just isn’t always possible for her to support me regularly.
10. I am thankful I haven’t lost all hope yet. Sometimes, it feels like it, but I am glad I can still appreciate the little things in life.